Just got that in my CSA today!
I wonder if it stir frys as well as regular broccoli.
FRACTAL FOOD!!!!! BTW- its Romanesco.
where are you headed? say santa fe.
I wish I were! One of these days you will find me on your doorstep, or out in your garden stealing your vegetables.
I’m heading to Austin for the conference that was in NY last year during the winepocalypse. Can you believe it’s been a year already?
So I’m thinking we need to get on this Winepocalypse Deux, stat.
— Molly Ivins (via helplesslyamazed)
- Slept in. Let’s forget that means I slept until 7:30 - it was still sleeping in.
- Witnessed The House procuring weaponry. I love these two so much! LadyOfTheHouse now has a big, long gun (not a euphemism).
- Got a tribble. A TRIBBLE, people!!! It actually shakes. It’s awesome. Only got one because, as Dr. Baffled pointed out, it should multiply to several hundred by the morning.
- Saw a really awesome panel about Ray Bradbury with Dr. Baffled, TLOTH, and JennHoney (so nice to meet you!). Also found myself tearing up in said panel. Margaret Atwood kicked some serious ass. She’s fantastic.
- Randomly won a drawing to participate in a table read of a Chuck episode on stage. The Chuck cast made surprise appearances and I got to sit next to
JayneAdam Baldwin. I was a big Chuck fan, (and Firefly fan, natch) and this was just sooooo fun. I got to read Sarah’s part in episode 2.11 Chuck vs. Santa Claus.
- Had dinner at The Salt Box with the lovely chase-the-waves and some other friends and had ALL THE MEAT. It was amazing food and I am stuffed. I had to be rolled back to the hotel.
Overall, it was a fantastic day. I have the feeling I’m going to pass out pretty soon but it’s a good thing cause that Firefly line is gonna get long early.
the wino bracket is now basically down to TLOTH and Shovelbum. well done ladies, well done.